The City of Twinsburg prides itself on offering its residents a wealth of services which help makes our city a community of choice. This page has been created for residents and future residents as a quick guide to the most frequently asked for services. If the information resides outside of the City's website, you will be directed there.

Reporting Problems/Complaints
Is the street light in front of your home out?
Billing & Payment Services
Are you unsure of when a bill is due or, where it can be paid?
Permits & Licenses
This is your one stop source for residential & recreational permits
Health & Social Services
Hospital locations & other information on keeping your family healthy
Crime Prevention, Public Safety
Help keep our community safe and beautiful
Parks & Recreation
Need a place to hold the family reunion? Find it here and see other ways of having a good time in Twinsburg
Schools & Library
Want to know more about our award winning library?  What about the Kent State University branch in Twinsburg?
Transportation Services
Going to a ball game? Need a lift to the doctor's
Government & Meetings
Would you like to speak at the next council meeting or call your coucilperson directly?

New to Twinsburg or do you need a phone directory of community services? View the City Directory.



Reporting Problems/Complaints

Report illegal handicapped parking
Call (330) 425-1234 Report a crime
Emergency or life threatening crimes please call 9-1-1, for all others call the TPD at (330) 425-1234. 
Report a leaking fire hydrant
Call the Public Works Department at (330) 963-6212
File a business complaint
If you have a complaint against a City of Twinsburg business please contact the Better Buisiness Bureau  to file it. If you feel that your complaint is fraudulent or criminal in nature you may want to contact the Twinsburg Police Department at (330) 425-1234.

Report a street light outage
Call (800) 633-4766 or fill out this form.  

  Permits & Licenses

Garage sale permit
Garage sale permits are available for download here or by visiting the Building Department in the Government Center.

Licensing your dog
Ohio law requires that licenses are to be renewed from December 1 through January 31 or within thirty days if you acquire a new dog.  Puppies must be licensed by the time they reach three months of age.  Cost is $14 annually; Ohio law requires an additional late fee ($14 in Summit County) if you do not renew your dog's license by January 31. Recent county legislation has extended the due date to March 31, 2009 for thi syear.  There are no provisions in the law to waive the fee.

You may purchase a license by mail and for your added convenience Dog Applications are available online in PDF format.  Simply print the form, enter the necessary information and mail it, along with the $14 license fee, to the Summit County Fiscal Office at 1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue, Akron OH  44310.  If your dog is already licensed, an application will automatically be mailed to you.

We also have convenient neighborhood locations throughout Summit County where you can purchase your dog's license.  Those vendors do charge an additional $.75 processing fee.

Building permit
Residential building and other permits are available at the Building Department's webpage.

Crime Prevention and Public Safety

Report a crime
Emergency or life threatening crimes please call 9-1-1, for all others call the TPD at (330) 425-1234. 

Schools & Library

City School District
Visit the official Twinsburg City Schools website here.

Kent State University - Twinsburg

Visit the KSU Twinsburg Extension website here.

Public Library
The Twinsburg public library is a member of the CLEVNET consortium which gives you access to over 28 libraries. Contact the library by calling (330) 425-4268.

Transportation Services

Adult Van Service
The Parks and Recreation Department offers a FREE transportation service to Twinsburg City Residents 65 yrs and older. Transportation is also available to those ages 55 and older who are physically or visually challenged. Please call 330-963-8722 for an application.

Billing & Payment Services

Pay a tax bill

Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.) will be collecting the Twinsburg Municipal Income Tax. Please submit all Tax Filings, Payments and Questions directly to R.I.T.A. at 10107 Brecksville Road, Brecksville, Ohio 44141. Mail Forms To: P.O. Box 477900, Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147. Questions: (440) 526-0900. To get forms: www.RITAOHIO.COM  
Pay a parking ticket
You may bring your ticket and payment to the police department.

Pay a traffic ticket

You must bring your ticket to Stow Municpal Court.
The Stow Municipal Court
(330) 564-4200 · Fax (330) 564-4193
4400 Courthouse Drive
Stow, Ohio 44224

Pay an ambulance bill

You may bring your bill to the Finance Department.

Pay a sewer bill
Walk-in paying of sewer bills can be done at the Public Works Building, 10231 Ravenna Road (next to Dodge School). Payments will be accepted from 7:30am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday. 

Health & Social Services

Urgent Care
Twinsburg Urgent Care is available to meet your immediate medical needs by providing care from their small group of well-trained physicians.

Emergency Service
In the case of a medical emergency or fire, contact the
Twinsburg Fire Department and EMS service by dialing 9-1-1. For non-emergency, please call (330) 963-6256.

Summit County Children Services
The Mission of Children Services is to protect the abused, neglected, and dependent children of Summit County and promote their well-being. Contact them at (330) 379-1990 or visit their

The Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) serves low or fixed-income families. HWAP is designed to help lower heating bills by correcting energy deficiencies. Studies show when weatherization is combined with educating clients on home energy efficiency, residents can save up to 25% on their home heating bills. HWAP provides weatherization of homes, safety inspections, and tune-ups of heating units.

Summit County Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Summit County Housing Rehabilitation Program provides 0%, 1.5% and 4% interest loans to eligible homeowners in order to maintain decent, safe and sanitary conditions. Services include emergency repairs, minor rehabilitation and moderate rehabilitation.
Summit County Housing Rehabilitation Program Information (330) 643-2568.

Parks & Recreation

Reserve a park pavilion or party room
You can easily reserve a park pavilion or party room by calling the Parks & Recreation department at (330) 963-8722.

News & Events
The Twinsburg Parks & Recreation department holds special events such as the summer concert series, movies under the stars, and Christmas in July. The events are updated each season, and you can view the upcoming ones by visiting their website.

Activities Center
The Community Center is home to the Administrative Offices of Parks and Recreation.It also contains a craft room, multipurpose room, meeting room, and a kitchen. All rooms are available for rent by contacting them at (330) 963-8722.

Fitness Center
The Twinsburg Fitness Center contains an indoor pool, water slide, hot tub, walking/jogging track, weight room, basketball courts, kid park, fitness room, and a party room.

Nature Center
The office of the City's Naturalist, Stanley Stine is located in Liberty Park near the intersection of Liberty and Cannon Roads.  If you have any questions regarding our parks and nature activities, please call Stanley Stine at (330) 963-8704 or email him here.

Government & Meetings

Agendas and Minutes of Public Meetings
All Boards, Commissions and Council committees meet in open, public meetings. A list of scheduled meetings and their agendas can be found on the Government Center Calendar. After the minutes of meetings are approved they are posted on the appropriate group's homepage and in the website's Document Center.

Attending or Speaking at Public Meetings
At most public meetings, resident feedback on agenda items are appreciated. Although each Board or Commission has their own rules, each offers a period on the agenda in which residents can voice their opinions. This period is called remonstrance or audience participation.

Contacting Elected Officials
The contact information for our elected officials can be found by navigating to their respective homepage in the Government section of this site. Are you unsure of what Ward you live in? Click here for a Ward Map. Note: File is large (1.3MB) and Adobe Acrobat Reader is required and available here.

Contacting the Chamber of Commerce
The Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce is located at 9044 Church Street. They can be reached by phone at (330) 963-6249 or on the web at The Twinsburg Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of promoting, supporting and serving its members, and advancing and encouraging economic development among the commercial, industrial and civic interests of its trade area.

You can view the details of registering to vote, requesting an absentee ballot or finding your voting location by visiting the Summit County Board of Elections website.