Commemorative Tree & Bench Program
The cost of $375 includes dedication at annual Arbor Day Celebration, planting, certificate, plaque placed by the tree (which will include the species of the tree, the event being commemorated, and who the tree was donated by), and care for the life of the tree.
A Commemorative Tree Order Form (PDF) must be received by Twinsburg Parks and Recreation by March 1 for the tree to be planted in the Arbor Day celebration. Orders received after that date would be held for the next's years planting. Arbor Day takes place in late April or early May annually.
All Commemorative Trees will be planted at Liberty Park, located at 9385 Liberty Road in Twinsburg. The gardener for the City of Twinsburg will determine where in Liberty Park all trees will be planted.
Available Tree Types
Large Shade Trees (Attaining Height of 45 Feet or More)
- Big Leaf Linden (Tillia americana)
- Black Gum (Nyssa sylvatica)
- Bur Oak (Quercus macrocarpa)
- Chestnut Oak (Quercus prinos)
- Dawn Redwood (Metasaquoia glyptostriboides)
- Kentucky Coffee Tree (Gymnocladus dioicus)
- Overcup Oak (Quercus imbricaria)
- Persimmom (Diospyros virginiana)
- Red Oak (Quercus rubra)
- Scarlet Oak (Quercus coccinea)
- Shingle Oak (Quercus imbricaria)
- Shumard Oak (Quercus shumarii)
- Valley Forge American Elm (Ulmus americana)
- American Hophornbeam (Ostrya virginiana)
- Hackberry (Celtis occidentalis)
- Yellowood (Cladrastis kentukea)
- Redbud (Cercis canadensis)
- Serviceberry (Amalanchier arborea)
- American Sentry Linden (Tilia Americana)
- Blue Spruce (Picea pungrens)
- Cucumber Magnolia (Magloia acuminata)
- Eastern White Pine (Pinus strobes)
- Sourwood (Oxydendrum arboream)
- Swamp White Oak (Quercus bicolor)
- White Spruce (Picea Glauca)
Commemorative benches are available for $850. This bench will be placed along one of the many trails in Twinsburg. Placement will be agreed upon by the Parks and Recreation director and the customer. A small plaque is included in the cost.
For more information, please email Derek Schroeder, Parks & Recreation Director. You can also call Twinsburg Parks & Recreation at 330-963-8722.