- Police Department
- Community Service Bureau
Community Service Bureau
Twinsburg Police Community Policing Bureau
The Twinsburg Police Department is comprised of a patrol division, a detective bureau, a dispatch center and a records bureau. It is supervised by the Chief of Police, Assistant Chief, two Lieutenants, five Sergeants and a Dispatch Supervisor. We serve a community of nearly 19,000 residents. We have a fairly large daytime population due to our industrial areas and our two hospitals. Two patrol officers are assigned to the schools as School Resource Officers (SROs).
These two officers assigned as SROs have trained the entire school system in the ALICE active-shooter readiness program, and requests for this service have increased from preschools and businesses. We have expanded this to create an SRO-staffed community services bureau.
This division will focus on improving the overall quality of life in Twinsburg. They are education officers as well as enforcement officers who are happy to help any citizen and bring the community closer together.
Who We Are
The Community Policing Bureau will be lead by two officers who have over 45 years of combined service to the Twinsburg community.
What We Do
These officers will have several functions that focus on community outreach, including:
- Meet with neighborhood associations – They will attend meetings and educate these groups on topics such as hosting parties with teens and alcohol, current scams (such as the IRS scam) affecting residents, hand out home security assessments, identifying concerns in the neighborhood, etc.
- Bike patrol/ATV patrol – Patrolling the bike trails and parks during the day, using them during the afternoon at the banks and shopping plazas and at night during community events such as softball games. Officers will also carry the identi-kit program.
- Assist with safety town, as needed.
- Work with small businesses on crime prevention – We will visit the businesses in town to advise them of how we can help solve common problems; review our bad check policy, credit card scams, shoplifting, etc.
- ALICE Training (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Confront, Evacuate) for all businesses interested as well as daycares and churches. ALICE is active shooter training, that both officers are certified instructors.
- Akron Better Business Bureau
- Internal Revenue Service @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Twinsburg Police Department Community Services Bureau would like to help keep your home safe. To request a FREE home security survey please call the bureau at 330.425.3871 and ask for Officer Ron Fruscella.
If you need a guest speaker this summer for your neighborhood group or community organization please call the Community Service Bureau at 330.425.3871