How do I file a complaint against a Police Department employee?

The Twinsburg Police Department takes seriously all complaints regarding the service provided by the Department and the conduct of its members.  The Department will accept and address all complaints of misconduct in accordance with this policy and applicable federal, state and local law, municipal and county rules and the requirements of any collective bargaining agreements.

It is also the policy of this Department to ensure that the community can report misconduct without concern for reprisal or retaliation.  Personnel complaints include any allegation of misconduct or improper job performance that, if true, would constitute a violation of Department policy or of federal, state or local law, policy or rule. Personnel complaints may be generated internally or by the public.  Inquiries about conduct or performance that, if true, would not violate Department policy or federal, state or local law, policy or rule may be handled informally by a supervisor and shall not be considered a personnel complaint. Such inquiries generally include clarification regarding policy, procedures or the response to specific incidents by the Department.

Individuals from the public may make complaints in any form, including in writing, by email, in person or by telephone. Every investigator or supervisor assigned to investigate a personnel complaint or other alleged misconduct shall proceed with due diligence in an effort to complete the investigation within one year from the date of discovery by an individual authorized to initiate an investigation.  

To file a complaint against an employee of the TPD please visit this page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a police incident or traffic crash report?
2. How do I pay a traffic citation or parking ticket?
3. Why can’t I park on city streets? Where do my guests park if I am having a gathering?
4. How do I file a complaint against a Police Department employee?